On June 19, 2012 local government and community partners launched the "We Think Local" initiative.
The “We Think Local” program is a community initiative to build awareness of the economic benefits of doing business locally. This effort enhances the livability of our community, the stability and diversity of the local economy and the retention and expansion of local businesses, while increasing awareness of the personal, community and economic benefits of choosing to “Think Local” first.
Community partners, businesses and individuals are asked to sign the pledge below to support the "We Think Local" initiative.
I agree to “Think Local” in every business or financial decision I make...
and to encourage my employees, family and friends to do the same. I recognize that “Thinking Local” is taking just a moment, to think - “can this be done or provided by someone in our community?” That someone may be you, your neighbor or a friend.
Specifically, I agree to, whenever possible:
Purchase goods or services from local vendors and suppliers, and when needed, from on-line companies with a presence within the State of Nevada. Purchase from companies that hire local employees.
Contract withcompanies that have a local presence
Hire local – Our region’s talent base is robust and diverse
Eat locally produced food when available – support growers, local distributors, and locally owned food establishments. This also helps cut down on travel and carbon emissions
Support our local non-profits – They support us
Serve or otherwise engage and invest in our local community as a citizen and a volunteer
Additionally, I will review my vendor lists, the expense side of my Profit and Loss statement or my budget to ensure that I have considered all opportunities to “Think Local” in my organization.
I understand that “Thinking Local” is really just a “mind-set” that helps retain wealth in our region. It benefits our economy, creates jobs, increases the tax base and it helps all of us, especially in these tough economic times.
I am proudly joining the "We Think Local" coalition to create jobs and stimulate our local economy.
I have signed the "We Think Local" Pledge…
- Noble Studios - Sterling Hamilton
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa - James Gerhard
- ARCH Payroll, Inc. - Robyn Robinson
- ARCH Payroll, Inc. - Alex Sampson
- Aqua Salon and Day Spa - Mark Kerber
- Applied Mechanical, Inc. - Patty K. Hess
- American Trade System - Rebecca Valentini
- American Family Insurance-Jennifer Landes Agency - Jennifer Landes
- All Day Logistics LLC - Christian Catanesi
- Aerionx Inc. - Robert Thorson
- Adams Gloves, LLC - Ralph Woolbright
- Noble Studios - Jodie Litster
- Noble Studios - Stephanie Mang
- EDAWN - Meghan Wagonseller Pescio
- Noble Studios - Lars Ames
- 33.Black - Geno Pescio
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa - Joan Gondry
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa - Carol Nicholson
- Avison Young - Reed Simmons
- B.C. George Enterprises - Keith Penner