Nominations are currently open for the 2018 Existing Industry Awards
Event Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018 @ Grand Sierra Resort
Nomination Deadline: Friday, August 17, 2018
The EDAWN Existing Industry Awards recognizes Primary Companies in the region for their outstanding contribution to our community in a variety of ways. A Primary Company is a private sector company in Washoe County, Storey County or Fernley where the majority of the company’s revenue (>50%) is generated from outside the State of Nevada. The Existing Industry Awards is a great opportunity to recognize existing Primary Companies for their contribution to Northern Nevada.
Event Date-Thursday, October 18, 2018: Grand Sierra Resort
With the exception of the Community Partner and the President’s awards, company must be a Primary Company. Target nominees are those in the EDAWN Strategic Plan Target Industries, however, all primary companies that are nominated will be considered.
Primary Company is a private sector company in Washoe County, Storey County or Fernley where the majority of the company’s revenue (>50%) is generated from outside the State of Nevada.
- Small is defined as a primary employer with 50 or fewer employees worldwide, and Large is defined as a primary employer with 51 employees or greater. The exception is the category of “Small But Mighty” which applies to companies with 10 or fewer employees.
- Descriptions of qualifications are required for all categories
- Nomination process: Nominations will be accepted from individuals, companies, community partners and the nominating committee. The nomination form must be completed in full and submitted by the application deadline of August 17th, 2018. Entries received after closing date will not be entered into the awards. For third party nominations, EDAWN will request supporting documentation from the company to complete the nomination process. Nomination forms will be posted on the EDAWN website in order to be submitted electronically. Company logos and a one-line description for use in the event program will be requested for all nominees in addition to the description of qualifications based on the category criteria. If your nomination cannot be submitted electronically, or if you experience difficulties, please contact Cynthia Egan at 775-829-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
- The event will be publicized via the EDAWN Executive Update, press releases, and social media, and will be added to print media calendars.
- This event is administered by EDAWN.
- The time frames for all categories with the exception of the Corporate Citizen Award are January 2, 2018 through the nomination deadline. Company must have been operating in the region as of January 2, 2018. The timeframe for the Corporate Citizen Award is the previous full year of contributions (calendar year 2017.)
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding. Company may only receive one award in any given year. Companies may be nominated in multiple categories. If you believe your company or the company you have nominated stands out in multiple categories, please nominate the company for Company of the Year and provide corresponding documentation. Company may not receive an award in the same category within a 5 year period.
- The winners agree to take part and assist with any promotional activities or public relations activities in support of the awards. The winners agree to send a representative to receive the award in person at the event on October 18, 2018, at the Grand Sierra Resort, from 5:00 p.m. -7:30 p.m. Local dignitaries will also be on hand to recognize winners and professional photographs will be provided free of charge.
- Winners will be announced the evening of the event.
- The judges reserve the right to reallocate an entry to a different category.
Biggest Little WOW
Criteria: This award is designed for small or large companies which are in an exciting, unique, innovative line of business that contributes to the overall diversity of the business community in the region. Companies must be currently generating revenue in order to qualify.
Description required: Describe the exciting, unique line of business that your company is in, what industry you serve, what your plans are for growth, and how your company contributes to the economic diversity in the region. Please share your vision of the impact your company is making on the region or in your industry.
Corporate Citizen Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company which has made significant philanthropic contributions in money, employee volunteer hours or in-kind donations, to a charitable organization or organizations in the region, or any combination of the above.
Description required: Please provide a summary and breakdown if available, of the dollars, hours and/or value of in-kind donations during the award period. Please explain the impact your contributions are having in the community that might not occur without your support.
Employees First (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Recognizes companies that have invested in innovative programs to retain, develop, encourage and reward existing employees. This category is also open to companies who have implemented special programs that support the hiring of members of the National Guard, Reserve or Veterans.
Description required: Please provide a description of initiatives and programs implemented, to retain, develop, encourage and reward existing employees, or programs that support the hiring of members of the National Guard, Reserve or Veterans. Please explain the benefits of the programs you have implemented.
Small But Mighty
Criteria: Recognizes companies that have 10 or less employees worldwide and are generating more than $1M annually in revenue. Must still be a primary company generating more than 50% of your revenues from outside the state.
Description Required: Please provide a description of your business including what you do, verify the number of employees, and confirm that your total annual revenues for the previous year exceeded $1M.
Leader in Sustainability Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company manufactures a product or provides a service which enables their customers to conserve natural resources and/or reduce their carbon footprint. Also open to companies who have implemented resource saving and/or recycling initiatives.
Description required: If you manufacture a product, or provide a service which enables your customers to conserve natural resources, or have implemented your own resource saving and/or recycling initiative, please provide a description of your product or service and quantify the benefits of the product, service or initiative, resulting in a reduction in consumption or carbon footprint versus traditional practices.
Manufacturing Excellence Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company is currently manufacturing a product in EDAWN’s serving territory, and has demonstrated excellence via revenue growth, sustained market share, customer satisfaction ratings, industry awards or recognition, documented process improvement, expansion into new markets, capital investment in new equipment, or has launched a new product line in the past year.
Description required: Please provide a summary of your revenue growth, description of your market share performance, customer satisfaction ratings, industry awards or recognition, measurable process improvement, capital investment in new equipment, expansion into new markets or new product line launch in the past year.
Partnership with Education Award
Criteria: Company has actively engaged with education partners (at any level K-20) to support and/or actively participate in programs, collaborate on curriculum, provide leadership on advisory councils, provide scholarships, funding or donations, hire interns, participate in apprenticeship programs and/or create ongoing, collaborative relationships with education/training providers in the region.
Description required: Please describe how your company has actively engaged with education partners to support and/or actively participate in programs, collaborate on curriculum, provide leadership on advisory councils, provide scholarships, funding or donations, hire interns, participate in apprenticeship programs and/or create ongoing, collaborative relationships with education/training providers in the region. Please include details of your engagement and the benefits to you as the employer and to the educational institution.
Community Partner Award-Nominated Internally by EDAWN
Criteria: This award is designed for public sector community partners. The Entity/Agency must have demonstrated innovative programs and active engagement as a community partner to EDAWN in a way that supports business attraction, retention, workforce development, or entrepreneurial development. Decision will be based on overall contribution to EDAWN’s achievement of its strategic objectives.
Description Required: Please provide a summary of innovative programs and ways that you have actively engaged as a community partner to EDAWN in support of business attraction, retention, workforce development, or entrepreneurial development and how you have helped EDAWN to achieve its strategic objectives.
Company of the Year (Large and Small business categories)
Criteria: Company which has documented exemplary performance in multiple categories listed in the overall criteria and stands out as a “shining star” based on industry leadership in at least 3 of the industry award categories and overall contribution to the region and State.
Description Required: Please provide a detailed description as to how your company has made a significant contribution to the region and State by standing out in at least three categories for the 2018 Existing Industry Awards. The winner of this award will have demonstrated excellence and leadership through its commitment to its employees, customers, environment, educational institutions, industry and/or community.
Criteria: This award is an optional category at the CEO’s discretion, to be utilized when a local private sector entity has helped EDAWN to make a difference in the community in a unique and measurable way. Decision will be based on the entity’s contribution to an EDAWN department, program or event.
Are you the primary contact for the company submitting a nomination?
Would you like to nominate a company but are not the primary contact for the company?
2017 Industry Awards Winners
October 24, 2017
|Biggest Little Wow||Bombora, Inc.|
|Corporate Citizen Small||Full Tilt Logistics|
|Corporate Citizen Large||Server Technology|
|Employees First Small||Healing HealthCare Systems, Inc.|
|Employees First Large||Patagonia|
|Founders Award||Damon Industries|
|Leader In Sustainability Small||Dragonfly Energy|
|Leader in Sustainability Large||NOW Health Group, Inc.|
|Manufacturing Excellence Small||Moment Skis|
|Manufacturing Excellence Large||Sierra Nevada Corporation|
|Partnership with Education||Switch|
|Community Partner||Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County|
|Company of the Year Small||Gyford Productions, LLC|
|Company of the Year Large||Grand Rounds|
View previous year award winners
October 13, 2016
|Biggest Little Wow||Abaris Training Resources, Inc.|
|Corporate Citizen Small||Kimmie Candy|
|Corporate Citizen Large||ITS Logistics|
|Employees First Small||Noble Studios|
|Employees First Large||CustomInk|
|Founders Award Small||Davidson’s Organics|
|Founders Award Large||Jensen Precast|
|Leader In Sustainability Small||Speed of Air|
|Leader in Sustainability Large||Tesla|
|Manufacturing Excellence Small||CalRamic Technologies, LLC|
|Manufacturing Excellence Large||Server Technology|
|Partnership with Education||Charles River|
|Community Partner||Nevada Industry Excellence|
|Company of the Year Small||Drone America|
|Company of the Year Large||Clear Capital|
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Existing Industry Awards!
We truly appreciate your investment and commitment to the region.
Biggest Little WOW: Filament
Corporate Citizen Award: Burkhart Dental
Employees First Award: Advanced Precision Inc.
Founders Award: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Leader in Sustainability: Fortifiber Corporation
Manufacturing Excellence Small Award: Itronics Inc.
Manufacturing Excellence Large Award: Lincoln Electric Cutting Systems
We Think Local Award: Sports Attack
Community Partner Award: Truckee Meadows Water Authority
Company of the Year-Small: Bristlecone Holdings
Company of the Year-Large: Server Technology
President’s Award: Reno Sparks Cab Co. and Whittlesea Checker Taxi/Bell Limousine
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 Existing Industry Awards!
We truly appreciate your investment and commitment to the region.
Biggest Little WOW: Access Event Solutions
Corporate Citizen Small: Computerized Screening Inc.
Corporate Citizen Large: Haws Corporation
Employees First: Fortifiber Building Systems Group
Founders Award: EP Minerals
Leader in Sustainability: Trex Company Inc.
Supply Chain Excellence: AVA Logistics
Think Local Small: AD Hawk
Think Local Large: Belnick Inc.
Community Partner: Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
Company of the Year-Small: NevadaNano
Company of the Year Large: NOW Foods
President’s Award: Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center
(L. Lance Gilman, Roger William Norman, Don Roger Norman)