EDAWN’s “State of the Economy in Northern Nevada” Economic Update – January 26, 2023
The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) held its annual “State of the Economy in Northern Nevada” address on January 26, 2023 that focused on the region’s growth over the past year, an overview of new companies, job growth, and changes and challenges to expect in the coming years. To download the presentations, see below.
Mike Kazmierski’s Slide Presentation
Brian Gordon’s Slide Presentation
EDAWN’S Virtual Press Conferences
New Innovative Companies Lead Northern Nevada’s Economic Recovery
The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) announced three new companies to the Northern Nevada region at a live-stream press conference held on June 10, 2020.
Northern Nevada Targets Diverse Industries to Strengthen and Rebuild Economy
The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) announced four new companies to the Northern Nevada region at a live-stream press conference held on August 12, 2020.
Jump Start a New Career in Manufacturing MT1
Watch the EDAWN live stream press conference regarding a no-cost way to earn an MT1 Certificate for workers looking to jumpstart a new career in high-demand jobs in manufacturing. Streamed October 27, 2020.
EDAWN’S Doug Erwin’s Podcast – Growth Pioneers
Growth Pioneers Podcast
How to Listen
EDAWN Public Presentations
EDAWN presents an economic update each year at the annual luncheon to provide an overview of the organization’s progress in the region.
EDAWN / RGJ Articles Library
The following articles published in the RGJ are written by Mike Kazmierski, EDAWN’s President and CEO.
- Jan EDAWN: Forty Years of Building A Stronger Community
- Feb What is a Stormwater Utility and Why Does Reno Need One?
- Mar Our Hidden Gem – DRI – The Desert Research Institute
- May Nevada’s Shift to Entrepreneurial Development Offers a Bright Economic Future
- Jan Inflation is coming – So what does that mean?
- Mar Cleantech Important to our Economic Future
- May The Growing Childcare Crisis
- Jun Rent control isn’t a solution to Northern Nevada’s housing crisis
- Jul Finally, Primary voting for all Nevadan’s
- Sept Art “Town” All Year Long?
- Oct Let’s Do Something About Education Funding
- Jan 2021 – Our New Normal
- Feb Housing Disaster – The Point of No Return?
- Mar Targeting the Jobs of the Future – Now
- Apr Investment in Education, the Key to Our Economic Future
- May It’s Time to Invest in Our Trails
- Jun Thank You – Washoe County School District!
- Jul Water is not a constraint to growth in Reno-Sparks
- Sept Business Community – Support the Arts!
- Oct Homelessness – It’s time to step up
- Nov Much More than Company Attraction
- Jan Our New Year’s Resolution – Ending Homelessness in Our Community
- Feb The “Lands Bill” Is Good for Our Community
- Mar Coronavirus is Here – Now What?
- Apr How Can I Help Others During This Crisis?
- Jun Economic Rebound Beginning for Northern Nevada
- Jul Quality Job Creation, The Key to Economic Recovery -a joint editorial by Ann Silver, CEO Reno-Sparks Chamber and Mike Kazmierski
- Aug Pandemic Opportunities for our Region
- Sept This is not a Housing Bubble!
- Oct This Too….Shall Pass
- Nov Homelessness – We Have a Plan
- Jan Are We Prepared for the 4th Industrial Revolution?
- Feb Time for Another Update of the EDAWN Strategic Plan
- Mar EPIC 2.0 – 50,000 New Jobs in The Next 5 Years – Now What?
- Apr Why Are We “Giving Away These Huge Incentives”?
- May Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto – Welcome to Reno-Sparks
- Jul Healthy Nevada Project To Put Nevada on the Health Care Map
- Aug Incumbent Worker’s Upskilling Crisis!
- Sept Businesses – Embrace the Arts!
- Oct Downtown Reno Partnership – Addressing A Significant Deficiency
- Nov Ask not, what your community can do for your business…
- Dec Introduction to Your “A” Team
- Jan The Greatest Challenge of the New Year
- Feb Internships – An Untapped Resource
- Mar Our “Coming Out” Party for Tech
- May Water is not a constraint to our growth!
- June Blockchain – The Key to our Economy
- Aug Go Tesla – Our Home Team – Changing the World While Investing in Nevada’s Future!
- Sept Time to Protect Our Community – WC1
- Oct A Pause in Our Housing Crisis
- Nov The Recession is Coming; the Recession is Coming!
- Dec The most wonderful time of the year – Unless you are homeless!
- Jan Is it Time for EDAWN to Throttle Back on Growth?
- Feb The Housing Sky is Falling!
- Mar Help Us Attract Talent to the Region – WhyReno.org
- May Population Health to Accelerate Our Economic Diversification
- Jun Let’s Take Our Trails and Bikeways To The Next Level!
- July Adult businesses make it harder to revitalize downtown Reno
- Aug We Don’t Want To Be the Next Silicon Valley
- Sept Arts and Culture Key to our Economic Growth
- Oct Community in Transition
- Nov EDAWN – Stop….We have all the jobs we need!
- Dec Let’s Carry Out the Holiday Spirit in the new year
- Jan The Challenges of Our New Year
- Feb Our Community Colleges “Get No Respect!”
- Mar Flawed Tax Structure Drives School Capital Needs
- May Commerce Tax – Good for Nevada!
- June Let’s Not Fear Growth
- Aug UNR School of Engineering-Spark Plug of Our Economy
- Sept Embrace the Arts to Spur Economic Vitality
- Oct WC-1 a “Gut Check” for Washoe County
- Nov Why is Entrepreneurial Development so important?
- Dec An Amazing Five Years of Job Growth – Thanks to You!